Kollaboration is recruiting! Click here to apply to your local team »

Archives

Category: Community

Community

KRNFX, DANakaDAN, Style 2 Kill, and More to Celebrate LA Korean Culture at Beats Bistro This Sunday

This Sunday, April 27, in Los Angeles, Kollaboration is co-presenting Beats Bistro – LA Seoul, a celebration of LA’s Korean culture at the Troubadour with live music from KRNFX and DanakaDan plus a special food menu prepared by Kokio Chicken.

April 25, 2014 • by Steve Kim

Community

Ktown Night Market Puts Hip, Urban Spin on Asian Market

Last year, Anthony Bourdain made a guest appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” and was asked to name his favorite spot in Los Angeles. He replied: “KTOWN, yeah Koreatown. The Korean restaurant scene here is the best in America. It’s a bottomless pit of wonderful restaurants, layer upon layer.”

April 17, 2014 • by Ben Kang

Community

Discovering Suey Park through Hashtags

Who is Suey Park?  I ask, as a long time member of Kollaboration, and a member of the particular group of Asian/Pacific Americans that I belong to who have been mobilizing and working towards a greater sense of our own productive individual and collective identities, possibilities, and visibility online, in media, within our own communities […]

April 15, 2014 • by Daisy Kim

Community

Check Out CAAMFest Before It Ends This Sunday

All week long, the San Francisco Bay Area has been playing host to the 2014 Center for Asian American Media Film Festival (CAAMFest). From the City by the Bay itself, Berkeley, and for the first time- Oakland, attendees have been able to discover a wide selection of Asian American and Asian diaspora films. This year’s […]

March 20, 2014 • by Lauren Lola

Community

akaDAN Documentary Premiere Brings Friends and Family Together

Several weeks ago on February 1, I had the pleasure of attending and volunteering at the akaDAN Documentary Premiere, held at the JapaneseAmericanNationalMuseum in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. You might be thinking, “What’s akaDAN, and what is it about?” It is an incredible story documenting the reunion of a Korean-American adoptee, Dan Matthews (better known […]

March 11, 2014 • by Jennifer Lai